Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Harinezumi Luv

First post of the new year. Acknowledging that this is my first post of the new year really has no significance to the rest of this. I just thought I should acknowledge it cuz...I dunno, everyone else does it.

Anyway, the wife and I spent the holidays in Tokyo, during which we picked up a fun new toy camera called the Digital Harinezumi 2, which has the ability to shoot weird grainy video, which I was really excited about because it means I get to make things like this:



Did this in After Effects in about six or so hours. It's the first video project I've done in a while, so it was exciting to get back into it and shake off some rust. The Harinezumi is cool because it's easy to take and use anywhere (as opposed to carting my Canon Vixia around and pulling it out everytime I see something cool, and then having to feel like uploading the footage from DV). Plus it adds instant character to the footage so I don't have to rack my brain on how to give the video some atmosphere. So yeah...it's cool. Or as the Vimeo group Digital Harinezumi Users Unite! says, it's "the best thing that ever happened to faux retro camera hipsterism."

Track is by Daedelus. "Only For The Heartstrings" from the Love To Make Music To album.


No comments: