Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Digital Good Time VIII

Photobucket
Digital Good Time VIII
(Digital Good Time is a series in which xoxobra focuses on the visual side of music)

Perhaps I'm being too presumptuous with the following statement, but I think I recently found the best illustrator currently working. His name is Aaron Horkey from Minnesota, and he's amazingly badass at what he does. I first stumbled upon one of his works in the fall of 2007, when I saw his concert poster for the Boris tour. But it wasn't until recently that I decided to look up up more of his work, and I couldn't help but be blown away by my discovery. Talk about attention to detail; his large and complex illustrations must take an eternity to create. According to this forum post dedicated to the creation of his gig poster for Pelican, "an eternity" isn't that far off.

Unfortunately, official information on this guy is hard to find. He's a member of a design team called Burlesque Design, where some of his work is featured, but he doesn't have his own personal portfolio available online. So the posters gathered here came from a variety of random yet reliable online sources. Still, the quality speaks for itself:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


All of the works below are credited solely to Horkey except the Juxtapoz piece just above, on which he is credited for the illustration only (not the color or design).

Links:
Burlesque Design


No comments: