Monday, September 29, 2008

Notes: Count Bass D; Sigur Rós



Greetings friends. Just a couple of notes for the week ahead. First, I'd like to bring attention to Count Bass D's (who's album, Dwight Spitz, I reviewed earlier this month) new instrumental project, Robbed Without A Pistol, that he featured on his blog just last week. It can be downloaded at 320kbps from the link on the entry page. He's releasing a new album later this year called L7 (Mid-Life Crisis). Which I'll likely be checking out.

I'm going to a concert tomorrow night for the band Sigur Rós. Maybe I'll review it and maybe I'll take some pictures and post them in the future. It's probably because I'm getting older, and also probably because I'm actively trying to practice something resembling financial responsibility, but I'm not very big on concert going lately. If this were four years ago and I was seeing Sigur Rós live I'd be pissing myself with excitement right now. As a matter of fact, I did see them four years ago and I was pissing myself with excitement (not literally; mom wouldn't be proud). Of course, four years ago I had a lot more time on my hands and Sigur Rós were still recording classic material.

But they do put on a good live show, and I figure this could be the last opportunity I have to see them (considering next time they come through I might not even care). I'm just hoping they play a good mix of their earlier material.

To coincide with the concert, I'll post my review of their latest album, Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust, tomorrow.

G'day, folks.

Links:
Count Bass D
Sigur Rós


No comments: